Wednesday, May 9, 2012

No More Burpee Tears

I was supposed to go to a 9:30am crossfit class this morning, my lazy self got the best of me. It was raining, cold, and I had had a tough time falling asleep yesterday. So when my alarm went off at 7:30am, I decided to turn it off and ignore it. The reason I was supposed to go at 9:30am instead of 4pm which is when I usually go on Wednesdays, is because I was supposed to work overtime today from 3pm - 8pm so I was going to miss the 4pm class. So I woke up at 10:30am instead, and decided I would do a at home work out to make up for my lazyness. I decided to a past at home work out:

10rds: 10 walking lunges each leg and 10 Burpees

This is the same one they have us when the gym was closed for renovation. The last time I had tried this workout, I cried towards the end. It was incredibly difficult and painful. I finished it in 28 minutes.
So I went for a run around the block as a warm up, and did this work out for the second time in my crossfit lifetime.
It took me 28 minutes to finish again. I didn't cry this time though.. But I realized, I probably didn't do the whole 10 rounds the last time I did it. Maybe I thought I did, but I know I did much faster this time. My guess is that I only did 9 rounds the last time, which means I probably cut down 4 minutes from last time's time. But I will never know.
This is the problem with cheating in crossfit. You are really cheating on yourself when you skip rounds or don't time yourself properly. Not that I did it on purpose last time, but still...
I also got a bruise on my hand from the pushups..my first Crossfit bruise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment