Monday, May 21, 2012

Meeting Tabata + Confidence Restored

Today was a great day for me. I was feeling energetic, positive and also learned I am back down to 155lbs and 25% fat, so I'm back on track. Plus I'm starting to notice a little difference with my body, although not much.

It was also a great day at the box. I was feeling so strong and motivated. I noticed I was able to run a bit faster for the warm up, as well as was able to do all the exercises and stretches we do during the group stretch with much more ease than my first couple of weeks.

The WOD was definitely NOT an easy one, but I felt amazing afterwards. We did a Tabata, which was my first! Here is what we had to do:

Strength: shoulder press 4×5 (35lbs)
Conditioning: Tabata (8 x 20s / 10s rest)
Jumping pull-ups
Bicycle Situps
Row
Airsquats
Weighted shuttle runs



I think it was also my first shoulder press. It's so much harder than the push press. When I did the push press last time, 35lbs felt like nothing, but this time, they felt way heavier, and kept getting heavy each time. I definitely felt it on my arms. 


Then came Tabata. The most difficult exercises for me were the Airsquats and the Bicycle Situps. The Airsquats themselves weren't hard. What was hard was that we had to hold it for 10 seconds during each rest. My thighs were on fire!! I was literally about to cry. I will definitely feel it on my things tomorrow. 


Overall, it was amazing work out. I was dripping sweat towards the end, and when I finished I felt so refreshed and relaxed. It was a weird feeling. I just LOVED it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment