Monday, May 7, 2012

Looking Like a Real Crossfitter

Today's workout was pure craziness. I was already sore from all the work out and running I had done yesterday, so when I saw this on the board, I almost had a heart attack:

Strength: shoulder press 4×5
Conditioning:
100m farmers walk
200m medball run
100 jump rope singles
200m medball run
100m walking lunge
200m medball run
100m broad jump
200m medball run

We also did this one in teams of 2, so we had some time to rest in between, but geez, that was barely enough rest. For the shoulder press, we used a 25lb total weight. For the farmers walk, we used 20lb kettlebells and for the medball run, we used a 10lb ball. I found that holding the ball on my right shoulder was the most comfortable. I had to switch shoulders at some points, but I mostly carried on my right shoulder. As I was running around the building, I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of the glass window and saw this girl, a little slimmer then she was a few week ago, looking badass running with a 10lb ball on her shoulder, looking like a real crossfitter... That made me smile.

This was one of the harderst work outs we had to do so far, but that's how I like them... When you finish them drenched in sweat and out of breath. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment