Sunday, May 20, 2012

And The Shoes Come Off AGAIN

Today was beautiful out...My energy level on the other hand, not pretty.

I started the morning around 7:30am where I had to force myself out of bed. I then had some scrambled eggs and a wheat bagel for breakfast. I'm not sure if it's because I forgot to have coffee, or what, but I was feeling so tired...plus my shins were still a bit sore from last Friday.

It definitely impacted my work out. I was tired just from the 2 lap running warm up and my shins were not happy either. We then learned most of the work out was going to include running, since it's supposed to rain for the rest of the week, and the instructor wanted to take advantage of the nice weather out. So running we did. Here's what we had to do: 

21 ball slams
21 box jumps
21 star jumps
Run 200m
16 ball slams
16 box jumps
16 star jumps
Run 400m
9 ball slams
9 box jumps
9 star jumps
Run 600m
6 ball slams
7 box jumps
6 star jumps
Run 800m

Oh. My. God. Those last two rounds of running were excruciating. On my last 200m, I was about to give up and start walking, when I remembered the last time I ran without my shoes. I decided to take my shoes off and run with my socks on. And that worked, again! I ran faster and more easily and finished the work out like a champ. The only reason I don't run barefoot longer is because I'm not very used to it yet. Although it feels good the first couple of minutes, it becomes straining afterwards..at least that's what I noticed from the last time I did that. My brother, who is a pro barefoot runner, told me you have to start small so that's what I am doing. 

Anyway, that was a 800 calories worth of sweat. Totally worth it! I just had to roll my shins and calves afterwards..

No comments:

Post a Comment