Friday, June 29, 2012

My FIRST 4 mile Run!

After a stressful day at work, I knew I couldn't just go home and sit and do nothing. I knew I had to go out and run, but I wanted to try something different. So I decided to run longer. I decided I would go all the way from my place to my brother's place, which is exactly 4 miles apart, including some very steep hills.

It was 90 degrees out, even though it was around 8:30pm, but I went anyway.

I decided to go with a slower pace, because I knew if I tried to do it fast, I wouldn't be able to do it because of the heat, the distance and also because I had a little pain in my thigh which I think I got from wearing high heels yesterday.

So I went, and ran all the way there, no walking!! The most difficult part was towards the end. There is a very steep hill near my brother's house, but luckily, my brother who is am ultra-marathon barefoot runner, met me halfway and helped me push through that hill. If it wasn't for him, I would probably have started walking right there.

So yeah, I ran 4 miles with no walking today! It was agreat achievement, even though it wasn't as fast as I have been running, but nonetheless, it was a personal record broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment