Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Burpees and Heat: Deadly Combo

Okay, maybe not deadly, but definitely excruciating!

According to the The Weather Channel, it felt like 101°F around the time I was doing crossfit. 


I knew it was going to be bad, but it was, as always, worst than I thought. Here is what we had to do :


Strength: shoulder press 4×4 (35lb, 45lb, 40lb, 40lb)
Conditioning: 15 mins AMREP
5 burpees
7 tricep dips
9 push press (10lb dbs)



Luckily we spent most of the time inside. The only time I was out was when I was doing the 2 lap warm up jog. But it was still super hot, since it is an open warehouse and no a/c, only fans. 


I had drank lots of water, so I was fine in that department. It were my arms that suffered the most. My biceps, triceps, shoulders and back were a bit achy from Monday, and today we had to work on them again, so they were not happy. 


During the strengthening, I decided to start with a 15lb bar with 10lb plates on each side. My first round was fine. Then I added additional 5lb plates on each side, for a total of 45lbs. That made the second round much more difficult, where I had to bend my knees a little to get it up (which I know I'm not supposed to do). Then as I was doing the 3rd round and really struggling, the instructor told me it was too much for me and switched it to 2.5lb. So I did the remaining 3rd and 4th rounds with 40lbs and it was extremely difficult, but I did them. My arms however, were burning and very weak. 


So when I went into the conditioning, they were already tired from the strengthening. I had to stop several times, not only because my arms were feeling extremely weak, but because the heat was too much. It;s like I was breathing with no air. I wasn't counting my reps but I think I did about 6 or 7. 


So yeah, I didn't die, but felt like I was going to! 



No comments:

Post a Comment