Friday, June 15, 2012

C25K DONE! Ran my FIRST 5K!

Today is an unforgettable, amazing, ground breaking day for me...and not because of the horrible day I had at work. It is because after those 13 stressful hours I had at work, I came home, put on my running shoes, my heart monitor strap, my running watch, my calf sleeves and went out determined to run my first ever 5k. And I did it! I ran MY FIRST 5K!!!!!!! Exactly 8 weeks ago, I was doing the week 1 day 1 of Ease Into 5K, and could not even run one minute straight.

It took me 33 minutes but that's because I thought a 5k was 3.2 miles, so it probably really only took me 32 minutes :p

Here were my stats:

10:50 min/mile
Calories burned 319

Avg. HR: 181 bpm

I never thought I would be running a 5k this soon. It was not easy, but I was able to finish it and maintain the same speed I have been maintaining on the shorter distances.

Now my goal is to keep running and improve my pace each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment