Monday, June 4, 2012

Ache, Aches, Aches

I planned on going to crossfit on Sunday at 9am, but Sunday morning came, and it was a bit rainy outside as well as a bit chilly. As I was reluctantly getting out of my cozy, comfy bed, my husband pulled me back into bed with him and I couldn't really resist cudling and falling back asleep. So that's what I did. It's a good thing I did though because I feel like I needed that extra day to recover. My legs were not happy with the running I did on Saturday evening.

So today I went to the 4pm class. Here's what we had to do:

Strength: bench press 4×7 (35lbs then 3x 45lbs)
Conditioning:Run 600m
50 Situps
21 overhead squats (15lbs bar)
30 Barhops
21 pushups
50 tactical lunges (15lbs kb)
21 overhead squats (15lbs bar)
30 Barhops
21 pushups
50 D.U. (125 single jumps ropes)
Run 600m


I coulnd't run the last 600m straight. I had to walk a couple of times. But I felt like I did very well overall. My instructor told me at the end I did very well and she was impressed. Yay!

This evening I had to ice my shins and knees as they were feeling quite achy, especially because I knew I would have to go back to work out early morning the next morning, and didn't want to be in a lot of pain. The ice worked a little bit, but I'm going to look into an ice bath as well sleeves for my calves.

No comments:

Post a Comment