Monday, April 30, 2012

'Till I Collapse

"'Cause sometimes you just feel tired,
Feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
And just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up
And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse."



I spent all day with a runny nose, sore body and sneezing every few minutes. I did not want to do crossfit today AT ALL. But I knew if didn't go today, I would have to go tomorrow, on my birthday. Otherwise, I would only go twice this week. So I started thinking, maybe I will take it easy this week. I told my brother I was thinking about not going today, because I knew if anyone would know if I should or not, it would be him. He then told me I should do it and I would feel better afterwards. I still didn't want to go, and tried to find excuses not to. He then send me the song "Till I Collapse" from Eminem. That did it. I immediately got up, dragged my butt to the pharmacy, bought some allergy nasal spray and used it.

One hour later I was at the gym ready to go. And I am glad I did! I wore my new heart monitor watch my brother gave me and tracked my calories. It said I had burned over 800 calories at the end of the work out. No wonder. Here is what we had to do: 

StrengthFront squat 5×5
Conditioning
Part 1
Abs
Part 2: 5 rds
10 kettlebell swings
10 reverse burpees*
Run 200m

It was not an easy one, but I was able to complete everything, no pain to keep me from going. I used a 25lb kettlebell and a 10lb med ball for my workout. For the front squat I used 10lb weights.

I think I finished in 16 minutes for I'm not sure. 

I was breathing so heavy on my last run, but at the same time it felt sooooo good! 

I definitely was glad I went!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment