Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Burpee Tears

I still haven't gone to the actual gym for the Crossfit classes. Yesterday's class was cancelled as well due to construction and I decided to use it as a day of rest and go today at 4pm. Turns out I hadn't checked the scheduled carefully and they didn't offer a class at 4pm, only at 9:30am. Since they had given an at-home work out for yesterday's cancelled class I decided to do that one today just so I could have my 3 days of CF work out for the week. 


Here was the work-out:  


10rds: 10 walking lunges (each leg), 10 burpees.


I was dreading it since last time I tried to do Burpees, I couldn't finish 3 sets of 10. I pressed Play on my Ipod and started.. The Walking Lunges weren't as difficult. But then came the Burpees. Oh my God, my legs kept on getting weaker each time. Usually around the 4th or 5th I collapsed on the floor or stopped before jumping up. I didn't think I could finish it. I started crying at around the 8th set. A rush of different emotions came over me: Disappointment, shame, lack of belief in myself, pain, tiredness... I knew my brain was trying to put me down. I then prayed to God in my head to give me strength and played Stronger by Kanye West. And 3 sets later I was finished! I collapsed on the floor, breathing hard, smiling, I was so proud of myself. 


It took me 28 minutes but I had done it. 


I was in so much pain afterwards, I did about 10 minutes of stretches and then muscle rolling. I feel fine now, but most of all, accomplished! 

No comments:

Post a Comment