Saturday, April 28, 2012

C25k - Week 1 Day 3

One week down, 7 weeks to go! I'm starting to realize that I'm slowly but surely improving my endurance. Yesterday, after working for 13 hours from 7am until 8pm, I decided to go running and complete Day 3, even though I was exhausted, had a headache and it was very cold outside. The reason for forcing myself to do it, was that I don't want a huge gap in between the days of the program, since I'm only being able to complete 2 days a week as it is with Crossfit and all. Plus if I wited until today, I wouldn't have a day of rest before Crossfit tomorrow morning, and that would probably be worst. So I did it and my husband tagged along which definitely helped. He is way more fit than I me because his job requires him to be more physical. He is used to walking long distances and he also plays hockey, so doing Day 3 for him was a peace of cake. For me, on the other hand, although it felt easier than the two previous days, it was still difficult, especially towards the end. But I kept at it, and my breathing has become more steady, less heavy. Considering all the outside factors (cold air, headache, tiredness), I did very well. Even though when I was done my headache had become much worse, I was happy with myself for getting myself to complete it and for not having struggled so much. Now, onto Week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment